For you, dear girls, we wish two things.....to give you roots and to give you wings.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Making Pickles

There's just nothing quite like seeing someone do something you don't know how to do.  I've read at least a 10 recipes for making pickles, and I even remember vaguely seeing my mom make pickles when I was a kid.  But now that there's cucumbers in the garden begging to be picked, and I actually need to make them up I was feeling a little bit nervous about doing it by myself.

So YouTube came to the rescue again!  Here's the video I watched to learn how to make dill pickles.


I'm nervous, but excited.  My friend, Jenn, is coming over today to help us on the farm, and I think the first thing we'll do today is turn some of our cucumbers into pickles together!  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment